Sunday, August 1, 2010

Off to a good start..

Well, it's a good thing I didn't promise daily updates or anything like that, because I would have definitely failed at that. For the sake of relevance, I'll use this post to just update you on what I've been up to since the last post.
  • Nearly every day has me at either the Y or at Silver Lake Pool for some lifeguarding. It comes out to about 45 hours/week between the two pools. That, with my EMT class for four-hours twice a week, means I'm always pretty busy. Speaking of the EMT class...
  • I spent a full day at Fire Station 1 in Rochester for my clinical. The purpose of the clinical was to observe treatment of medical patients by first responders. Well, the day I chose just happened to be the RFD's training day, so I got to spend the entire morning out in a field watching them cut open a car with power tools. Interesting? Yes. Relevant? Not so much...
  • I spent the weekend of the 24th up in the Twin Cities for all kinds of fun things. Got to see a friend spectacularly perform in a musical (Jesus Christ Superstar, one I haven't seen. It was a good musical and very well performed!), then had some spontaneous tubing on Medicine Lake! Awesome.
  • Plans for the next week? I'm still working and going to class, but I'm hoping to head up to a cabin of some friends for the weekend. If all goes well, then this will be one last cabin adventure for the summer. Then it's off to SJU for a few days (more on that later) and then the time will come to lift off for IRELAND!

No comments:

Post a Comment