Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Time to get caught up

After a rough night (exactly 86 minutes of sleep), what better time to catch my loyal readers up on some Irish stories than now? I'm warning you in advance, the quality of writing may not be up to par for this one. Actually, it's more likely that I'll resort to bullet points. Yeah, that sounds good.

The last significant post you got from me was the last leg of our travel break. Here's a bit of what I've been up to since then:
  • Story: Undertook specialized training and became a master cow herder.
    Reality: Some old guy asked myself, Will, and Ted to stand in front of a cow with a big stick so it wouldn't run off.

  • Story: Conquered the Galway Bay crabs
    Reality: Rory, the local taxi driver (and likely the coolest old Irish guy I know), decided to drop off a bag full of crab claws for our cottage. After much confusion, we ended up boiling them, cracking the shells between the table and a chopping board, and eating them. Messy? Yes. Delicious? Incredibly.

  • Story: Celebrating a 21st birthday of a good friend with much class and style.
    Reality: Take out the class and style and it's pretty much dead on.

  • Story: Mourned the loss of any chance of a productive government for the next two years.
    Reality: See above.
In addition, I undertook a few adventures revolving around a scuba diving trip:
  • Braved the stage ten winds (roughly 78 mph) and rain while waiting for a bus
  • Spent an incredibly boring seven hours in the village of Letterfrack, which is complete with two pubs, a hostel, and a county market. The dive was cancelled, but I had left Spiddal before they could get ahold of me. Oops.
  • FINALLY enduring the 50 degree waters of the Atlantic Ocean. Included in my adventure would be hermit, velvet, and edible crabs; starfish; pollock; and finally...
...this guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment